Welcome To Cambridge Mn Township's Website
Meetings / Polling
3101 Hiway 95 NE
Cambridge MN 55008
Office / Garage
3568 337th Ave NE
Cambridge MN 55008

The next scheduled meeting is Monday, October 9, 2017 7:00 PM

Important Numbers
Office Phone 763.689.4019
Office Fax 763.689.5921
Clerk 320.496.5636

Township Email
townhall@cambridgetownship.us

Cambridge Township was established in 1869, the year that Ira Conger and D.G.Miller filed the first plat of the town at its present site. It was also that year that the decision was made to locate the county courthouse in Cambridge rather than in Isanti. During the early years of the county before there was much permanent settlement, the entire area was referred to as the Cambridge Precinct mainly because the only post office was in Cambridge. The township is divided by the Rum River. Before there was a bridge at Cambridge, ferries were operated by Ira Conger and B.J. Gifford. The areas of the township were often referred to as West Cambridge, North Cambridge and East Cambridge. Isaac Edblad, who was originally from Sweden, came from Wisconsin in 1859 and built a cabin just north of the present Cambridge. Many of the fellow Lutherans who followed shared his cabin while building there own and also used it as there first place of worship. Early settlers in North Cambridge were the Becklins, Hokansons and Bergmans.

This website is not an official posting site according to MN State Statute. © Copyright 2012. All rights reserved Cambridge Township Isanti County MN
Web Designed by Gary Larson glarson@BagOfWebPages.com